Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ben's language updates

Ben's speaking gets better every day. The other night Oliver was wiggling around and Ben said, "Yook, Mama! Yivvy doin' ekercises yike you!" He still has trouble with Ts and Ls and Js some other combinations at the beginning of words, but no problem with them in the middle of words. So Pretty and Pruny and Jump are Fretty and Runy and Wump. And Truck hasn't come along much, unfortunately. Today he very loudly wanted a truck at Big Lots and we had to leave the store because he kept yelling it over and over. (His fingers and toes are "Runy" when he stays too long in the bathtub.)

He keeps us apprised of his frequently-changing moods: "I'm really sad." "I'm happy!" And his health: "I'm really sick." "My foot hurts!" And his preferences: "That was really fun!" "I not yike dat!" "Tasty!" "Fancy!"

Instead of "he is" or "she is" I think he says "izzy." I don't think he is asking when he says "Izzy black" and I think he means "he is black."

Other things he still says funny: Penguin is Pengoon, Ostrich is Osterd.

And he has his own word that I think needs to be patented: Snuggy. Getting "cozy" or "snuggly" just don't convey the right meaning as getting all "snuggy" with your blankie or "snuggy" in your jammies.

More when I remember!

No comments: