Friday, November 27, 2009

Visit to Oma and Opa in Alabama

Ben was so excited to go on an airplane to visit Oma and Opa in Birmingham. He went on four airplanes and was very lucky to have an airport playground in Nashville for our longest layover.

We had a really, really nice visit. Tim did a 50-mile race and instead of spectating and supporting him, we went to the McWane Science Center for a morning full of activities. There were hundreds of really neat interactive things for kids to do. It was sensory overload and Ben took a really long nap that afternoon.

Although Ben could care less about our poor cat, Flynn, at home, he was fascinated with my old kitty, Harley, who lives in Birmingham. Ben inexplicably changed her name to Marley and wanted to feed her and pet her.

I can imagine a 2.5 year old could get homesick pretty easily and Ben does seem to get a little uncomfortable pretty often, but gets over it quickly. I was worried about how he would sleep in a strange place since we haven't really been away from home much in the past year. He did pretty well and I was amused our first morning there when he got up, told me he slept a "yong time" and went bravely and comfortably into the living room and said "Hi Opa!"

If I remember what else I wanted to report about our trip to Birmingham, I'll post again.

No comments: