Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had our first taste of "mountain trick or treating" - only one neighborhood in the canyon does trick or treating and they get all organized and advertise. The advertising said "costumes = candy" so we all dressed up. Oliver was an ice cream cone (a hand-me-down from Samantha), Ben was his glorious dinosaur/dragon (from Aunt Marilyn and Aunt Karen), Tim was Van Gogh and I was Starry Night. Tim and I didn't take bags though - it didn't seem right, as much as I wanted candy! Ben is still having trouble with "tr" so he said "Frick or Freat!"
The houses in that neighborhood are still too far apart to walk between, so it was a bit of a traffic jam with families getting in and out of cars and slipping on the ice in driveways (we had a big snowstorm on Wed/Thur) and . Oliver got fed up after the first house (the wind was taking his breath away constantly) and then Ben got fed up after about 5 houses and begged to go home. So we went home with a pathetically small amount of candy, in my opinion. Ben was quite happy with his loot, however. He took one tiny bite of a couple of the chocolates and gave them to us. He loved the lollipop, a hard candy, and the Smarties. I told him Smarties were my favorite and he kept giving them to me, saying "Your fwavite!" What a sweet sharer.

No comments: