Saturday, December 12, 2009

Holiday Gala

We attended the Wee Creekers Holiday Gala last night and were overwhelmed with the chaos. Believe it or not, about 75 families attend Wee Creekers and the place was packed and chaotic! The kids all did a little performance. Oliver (and I) sang Jingle Bells and kicked his jingle bell anklet. Then Ben got up with his class to sing the two songs they have been rehearsing. Ben did everything except sing. We were afraid he would be too scared to go on stage, but we needn't have worried. He had a blast up there, teasing a girl, playing with equipment, dancing by himself, yelling (over the singing) "Hi Miss Susan!" "Hi Jerra!" "Hi Mama!" I laughed so hard. Tim says he is creative and independent. I'll try to go with that instead of thinking of the negative explanations of his behavior. In his defense, he is still the youngest in his class, I think, and since he is there only two days a week, he didn't get as much practice as the others. We got it on video, so we'll try to post it soon for all to laugh at.

No comments: