Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The beginning of Why?

More language updates: Ben has started asking the eternal question: "Why?"

He has also learned the word Hate. This morning he said "I hate school!" And he said it about a couple of things yesterday. It is interesting to try to trace the origins of learning new words. He is at Wee Creekers only two days a week, but he learns a lot there. I guess Tim and I use the word hate a lot in conversations between us, but I don't feel like I've tried to teach Ben the word Hate.

More things he still says cutely:
Hungry is still Horngy
Pop Tart is Partnart

I looked at the ingredients of some juice the other day while Ben and I were in the kitchen and I said, mostly to myself, "This juice is mostly sugar! Yuck!" Now Ben asks for that juice by name: "Sugar juice." :-)

No comments: