Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oliver's sleep

We spent so much time and energy worrying about Ben's sleep and I guess knowing we survived has allowed us to not worry about Oliver as much.  I think it is time to start worrying since I haven't slept a full night in a year and Oliver probably  needs to learn to sleep a full night too.  A typical night:  his bedtime has recently moved from 7:00 to 8:00.  He'll usually sleep until 11:00 or 12:00 and then I'll feed him and put him back in the crib.  Then he might sleep until 2:00 and at that point I'm a zombie so I bring him to bed with me, where he usually wakes up at 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, and 6:00 and each time I feed him in my sleep.  Then at 7:00 he sits up and starts to play.  A couple of times he has slept 5 hours and one time he slept 6 hours.  Don't know why he slept longer, but it was very nice. 

Tim and I need to plan out our strategy for staying up all night a few nights teaching Oliver to sleep without nursing.  I think it will go better than with Ben, just because Oliver is a different sleeper than Ben was, but it will be hard and exhausting.  Wish us luck!
An old photo of Oliver sleeping:

No comments: