Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ben's games

As with all parenting issues, there are conflicting views on self-esteem and children.  I need to read more to understand, but so far Tim and I have been doing what is instinctual and the result is that Ben has very high self-esteem at the present.  Samples of his daily affirmations: "I'm a good boy!"  "I'm a big boy!"  "I'm a fast boy!"  "I fwump (jump) so, so big!"  "I'm really, really smart!"  "I run very, very fast!"
His new Lightning McQueen shoes from Oma and Opa help make him an especially fast runner and especially big jumper.  His latest game is to jump off the kitchen step.  See below some action shots.
He also loves to ride his bike (tricycle) around the kitchen and on the deck.  One day there were deer in the backyard and he yelled and hooted at them.

No comments: