I can't believe it has been a year. I understand why some couples keep having babies. It just goes too fast!
Oliver got presents in the mail from Aunt Tessa and Oma and Opa, and Grammy Pat came to visit with presents and a birthday cake. Ben sang Happy Birthday to Oliver a couple of times and helped him blow out the candles on his cake. Oliver was so happy when Grammy was here. Ben and Oliver both say "Thank you to everyone for the presents!"
Oliver loves to walk holding on to our hands, but he's nowhere near walking by himself. He'll stand for a few seconds by himself, but just like Ben at that age, it seems to scare him and he sits down and starts crying.
He can feed himself! And he babbles a lot, but doesn't seem to have a deliberate word. "Diaper Olympics" have started and it is nearly impossible to get Oliver to lie down and be still for a diaper change. He also doesn't like his car seat much these days.
At his 1 year check up, the scale said he had lost one pound, which puts him back down at 60th percentile for weight. He was over 90th percentile at 6 months. He was just above average on most of the developmental test questions. I'm so thankful he is healthy and able-bodied. I'm so grateful to have two healthy boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment