Just some random quirks of Ben's language:
- his pronunciation is improved on most things. and I'm going to miss his cute way of saying things. He still says a couple of cute things though. Yogurt is "yogrut" and this week chocolate was "shalaka" instead of "socket." Harmonica is either "music" or "munka" or "munkla." He called Oliver "Ovler." Lightning McQueen has become "Lightin' Aqueen."
- he almost always says "her" instead of "his" when he is using the possessive. And since he is almost always talking about Tim or Oliver in our house, he should be using "his." "Liv eat her food?" "Daddy brush her teeth?"
- milk that has been sitting out for a while is "dirty," and fresh milk from the fridge is "clean."
- He is doing that thing I've heard other kids do: saying "Remember this or that, Mommy?" The other night he said "'Member my tiger skeleton?" I said I didn't remember it and asked him to tell me more and he said "My tiger 'skelton' is big, giant and hides in the bushes." Interesting. He asked Tim if he "'membered his black outfit?"
- He says his favorite color is black.
- He worries that Liv will "broke" things. I told him (as the books instructed me) that most toys are to be shared but if he has a toy that is extra special he is allowed to keep it out of Oliver's reach. At my birthday dinner at a restaurant, he took a bowl away from Oliver, saying he might broke it and that it was special.
- In a store, I told Ben I needed to look at bras. I pointed one out to Ben and asked him if I should get it. He asked, "for your big, giant boobies?"
- He seems to use "our" for we. Or maybe he is just using "are" and skipping we. Anyway, he'll say "where our/are going?" to mean "where are we going?" and "our/are going shopping."
No comments:
Post a Comment