Friday, March 26, 2010

Ben's daily sayings

These days all of Ben's "yeahs" have become "yeses."

Last night he said, "This carrot is SO crispy and spicy!"

A few nights ago he and I were sharing ice cream and he told Daddy excitedly, "Daddy, I share ice cream Mommy!" (He doesn't do prepositions well yet.) Tim said, "Really? Can I come share too?" and Ben said, "Yes! That be 'tastic!" We don't know where he learned the word Fantastic, but it sure was cute.

He still calls Joseph, "Jofuff" and skeleton is now "sketlon" (it was skelton). Footprints are something like "fwoofwints."

Did I already say that he talks about "grandfather" a lot? I'm sorry if I am repeating. He says he wants me to meet his grandfather. He says he is afraid of his grandfather. He talks about buying presents for his grandfather when we are in a store. We don't know what he means because Albert is Opa and Darrell is Grandpa Darrell. Tim wonders if we called my grandfather R.E "grandfather," but I didn't think so.

Speaking of Opa, we found a treat for Oma in the store and I exclaimed to Ben how excited I was to find it and that we'd get it for her for when she comes to visit. He went back to the shelf and got something else and brought it to the basket and said it was for Opa. How thoughtful and sweet!

No comments: