Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Halloween 2010

We planned to head down into town to trick-or-treat near our old condo. We could see an old friend and it just seemed easier than our attempt at canyon trick-or-treating last year, with the wind howling and taking Oliver's breath away, ice and snow everywhere, in and out of car seats to get in between houses that aren't near each other.

At the last minute we got invited to a Halloween party in the neighborhood that coordinates trick-or-treating in the canyon and decided to go. We had some yummy pizza while the kids played and then we loaded all the kids into the back of a pick-up truck and walked alongside it to head out trick-or-treating. What a blast!! I think the kids had fun, but I sure had a lot of fun. It was probably 55 degrees and beautiful out and it was like one huge street party, with everyone walking around and meeting up. Some of the houses were super decorated and so fun to see.

Ben was a dragon again this year, but kept saying "Arrr matey" and "Aye Captain" and told another kid, "I'm a pirate like you." Oliver was a lion and didn't seem to understand what was going on, but tried to just go along with everyone else. At a stop, we'd get all the kids out of the truck and tell Oliver to follow along and he would trail along after everyone else. He didn't understand he was supposed to get candy at the door.  We usually ended up picking him up and getting him to the door quicker. Several times he wanted to go into the houses and we had to pull him out. He also wanted to sit in the lap of a scarecrow dude. Here are some photos.
What's going on??

I think people are taking a photo of the view, but anyway, you can see the kids in the back of the pick up.

Oliver wanting to sit in the scarecrow's lap...

Ben is on the left in the green dragon costume. I remember he was telling me at that time, "I'm kinda tired and ready to go home."

No comments: