Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving week

I'm so thankful for my sweet, sweet Benny!!

Ben and I were playing ball indoors when he saw a piece of trash on the floor. He said "Eee" (which means Eww), picked it up, and walked over to put it in the trash can!

- One day on the way to work, Ben looked over at some railroad tracks that had a train stopped on them. He pointed and said "doo doo!!" (choo choo) That was before it changed to doo-dee.

If he gets up with Daddy before me and they come to wake me up, Ben commands me "down" out of bed over and over (he doesn't like to cuddle in bed anymore, but perhaps it is because it is 29 degrees in our bedroom). I will have to teach him that we say "get up" when we get out of bed instead of "get down."

He seems to understand the meaning of small ("ma") and medium ("me-ea") now. He'll point to things and say "ma" or "me-ea."

When we get home from work/daycare, I get him out of the car and tell him to walk toward the door, knock, and yell Daddy! He walked right to the door and was knocking when I got there with the bags of groceries.

More and more words:
- hot
- hat ("hot")
- gum (he reached into my purse, pulled out my chewing gum, held it out to me and said "Gum?" I have no idea where he learned that.)
- banana ("nani")
- chair (I forget how he said it - "churr" maybe?)
He still isn't sleeping well, and I just don't understand. He was fully weaned a week after we started, so nursing is out of the equation. Now he wants one of us to sit with him while he goes to sleep, and he wakes up between 0 and 6 times a night. He stands up and whines and says Mommy or Dad-dee. We walk in the room, tell him to lay down and go back to sleep, and he immediately lays down and goes back to sleep. He isn't getting much reward for waking up, but maybe he just needs to be reassured we are there.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

wende said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! See you soon!