Sunday, January 13, 2008

Snowsuit and sled


We've been looking for a snowsuit for Ben and finally found a really cheap one and were disappointed when the torso was too short. If Ben's torso is already too long for an 18-month-sized garment, then he takes after me! I took out the crotch and before I sewed it back up, I tried it on him. He lay immobilized on the floor (a la Christmas Story Randy, "I can't put my arms down!" and just laughed at me while I laughed at him and scampered around trying to find the camera (didn't find it). Then we went out to try the sled that Grammy found for him. We didn't go down any hills, really, we just took a walk in the snow with the sled. After a while he looked sleepy, as he usually does in moving vehicles. I tried to lay him down in the sled, but it was a little too short, so he was all crumpled up. He didn't complain and soon fell asleep in a very awkward position, with his legs (or at least the snow suit legs) poking straight up into the air. If anyone had seen us, they would think I was carrying a rag doll along in the sled. We usually leave him asleep no matter where he is, since sleep is such a precious commodity with him. So he slept outside in the sled for a good 20 minutes after we got home. Tim found the camera and took photos of him. I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty humorous.

No comments: