Benny's sleep has gotten slowly better since Christmas, and it is SUCH a relief to get a good night's sleep. After our very consistent bedtime routine, we can actually put him in the crib awake and drowsy and he will go to sleep by himself. He used to sleep on his side, but now he puts his hands behind his head - so cute. Or he rolls over and sticks his butt in the air.
He's been waking either once at 4:00 or twice at 4:00 and 6:00, then most of the time sleeps until 7:00. (Bedtime is 8:00.) I feed him at 4:00, and we know how to train him out of that if we feel it is necessary, but I don't mind getting up once. Plus, it is so dry here, he's probably thirsty. I drink a glass of water after I nurse him!
It seems like he just grew into sleeping, but I guess we'd have to say the Kaiser Permanente specialist helped when she told us we had to let him cry it out. We did have many miserable hours of heart-breaking crying, but it seems like it wasn't just what we did - he helped a lot just by being ready to sleep.
There are still bad nights and will be plenty to come. We think he is getting a huge molar, which must hurt and he has been up more this week.
Naps are still pretty impossible. I think we need a consistent routine, but that's hard when he splits his week between Daddy, daycare, and me.
Yippee - sleep!!
No comments:
Post a Comment