Sunday, November 4, 2007

Vomit and poop!

What parenting blog would be without entries on vomit and poop? I've already read several others, believe it or not. Let me join the ranks! And what will the poor kids think when they grow up and learn that their bodily functions were discussed on the Internet?

Something made Benny sick on Friday night, and he threw up every hour from Friday midnight to Saturday at 5:00. He didn't seem to have a fever, so I just kept putting towels over the wet spots on the bed and going back to sleep. By morning, we had several wet layers of icky-smelling sour milk and he was covered in it. He acted the same as when we first gave him rice cereal at about 5 1/2 months and he got sick - after throwing up each time, he basically passed out. So different from the usual sleep struggle. He was pretty lethargic and had no appetite until dinner on Saturday, but we tried to get him hydrated. He seemed all better today (Sunday), but he was sitting in the hall and I walked by and noticed that his diaper had overflowed onto the floor! That's the first blowout we've had in forever, since he's been apparently very constipated for several months. (meaning something was still bothering his stomach.)
He's a tough little guy - nausea and vomiting and dried puke in his nose all night long and he didn't even cry.
Have I mentioned during this post yet that he is the sweetest baby ever and I love him so much?

No comments: