Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another sleep update

I was kind of disappointed that the development specialist told us to let Ben cry it out, and I rebelled against that advice for two weeks. I just can't see that a baby is learning to soothe himself when he is standing up and crying hysterically. But I guess there isn't any middle-ground way to do it. So we started Tuesday night, for REAL (Tim was still soothing Ben (parent-assisted) when we spent that week in October). Ben cried for 20 minutes at 9:30, 11:30, 2:30 and 4:00, but after Tim went in for the 15 minute reassuring visits and laid Ben down, he did his "thumb-chewing-yelling" thing and went to sleep. Only sometimes was he crying so hysterically. Yay for Ben! Wednesday night Ben woke about four times again, but didn't always stand up and didn't cry very loud or hysterically. Yay for Ben! So we'll see.

Have I said that he is the sweetest baby ever and I love him so much?

No comments: