Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random updates

I'm home sick today (not sure it is the flu) and right now Ben and Oliver are wrestling and Oliver is actually laughing as Ben STEPS ON HIS FACE, whips him from his back to "tummy time" and back to his back, and completely squishes him. And Ben just pulled a hair out of Oliver's mouth and told me about it.

This morning when I came downstairs Ben said "Hi Mom! Come sit me!" in the sweetest voice. I asked him why he was crying in the middle of the night, did he have nightmares? and he said "I have big ears." I said "I said nightmares not big ears," and he said, "Mommy have night ears too" and pointed at my ears. Then in a bit he said "I yuv you too Mommy."

He is using I a lot more than Benny now. Last night he said "I don't know" and "I'm full."

Last night I sat down in the living room and realized I needed a spoon and Ben ran from the living room into the kitchen, where Tim was. Tim asked what Ben needed and Ben didn't respond - just ran to the silverware drawer, opened it, grabbed a spoon (without being able to see), and ran back to me. Tim laughed and came to tell me Ben was so purposeful.

Ben is also very proud that he can get his own marshmallows out of the fridge. He calls them "smushmellows." He makes one marshmallow last 30 minutes. This morning he got one (not the best breakfast food), and he said "Smushmellow tastes smushy."

Oliver can sit up with just a little support and we started solids a couple of night ago. We just tried some applesauce - which isn't the correct thing to start with, but he seems so tough - and he loved it. He grabs at our food and if you give him an apple or a peach he sucks and sucks and gnaws. I think I will get out the baby food steamer/maker and do a sweet potato for him. He's starting to cry a little when you take something away from him. But he still smiles and smiles!

Ben has started motioning with his hand in the funniest way. He uses it to point and direct us and it's really graceful and solemn. We need to try to get it on video.

No comments: