It's weird how Ben seems to learn how to say something and then forgets. He used to say "br" just fine, but now he can only say "bl." So broken is "bloken." He is "glowing big" instead of growing big. I actually can't remember how he used to say trucks, but unfortunately his "tr" is presently pronounced "f." We wince often since he talks about trucks all day long these days.
He learned the word "though" at Wee Creekers, I guess and has been using it often, but he uses it kind of randomly. Almost every day he uses a new word and amazes us. Yesterday he said "Almost." He learned "oh" on the same day he learned "um." He says "Oh!" whenever we explain something to him.
We've been wondering why he hasn't started saying "I love you" since he hears it from us so often. He might have finally started, but he says "miss you" instead of love you. The way he says it makes us think he means love instead of miss. He'll come over to give one of us a hug and says "Miss you Mommy/Daddy." I know I come home from work and tell him I missed him and love him, so maybe they are interchangeable to him. It's awfully sweet in any case.
We have not done any music in Ben's life and I am glad he is getting some exposure to music at Wee Creekers. We finally asked what "Uh oh peanut butter" meant and Miss Susan sang the song for us:
"A peanut sat on the railroad track, his heart was all a-flutter. The 5:15 came roaring by … Uh Oh! Peanut butter.”
They must have been singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious too because Ben tries to sing it. Understandably, he doesn't quite get all of it. His version is closer to "Supercalidocious!" He also sings "Baa Baa Black Sheep Hammywool!" at the top of his lungs.
Maybe someday Oliver won't be a footnote. He's learning to use his hands - it's so neat to watch. And he can roll over both ways. His rashes are much better and he smiles a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment