Newborn things I don't want to forget:
- the range of funny noises Oliver can make - grunts, squeaks, sighs, snorts...
- the "satisfied" posture after a good feeding - legs pulled up tight, arms under the chin, head stretched back, and lips pursed in a sweet little kissable bow...
- the unique newborn cry that goes away so soon...
I was worried about the fact that Oliver should be focusing on faces and making eye contact by this time, and he seems to avoid looking at my face all the time. I know sometimes they avoid eye contact because of over-stimulation, but I thought he never looked at me. I also looked in Ben's baby book and saw that Ben's first smiles were at 6 weeks. So I grew doubly-worried that Oliver didn't seem even close to smiling or interacting at all. Tim and I got down on the floor and tried to get him to look at us, and he made perfectly good eye contact with both of us and gave us two almost-smiles. Just like when we would worry about Ben's milestones and sit down to test him, all ends up being well. I think I was always holding Oliver on the sofa, and with the bright sun coming from behind me, my face was in shadow and he couldn't really see it. We'll keep watching for a real smile and try to get photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment