Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nice Easter weekend

I had a three-day weekend and Benny was such good company. We were really busy and social. We had people over for pizza on Friday night, and Ben helped me make pizza dough for a long time. He was up until 11:00 that night and slept until 9:30 Saturday morning. I sure enjoyed sleeping late.
On Saturday, we dyed Easter eggs, and Benny ended up with brightly dyed hands. But he had lots of fun making cute eggs with all the different egg decorating kits the grandparents had sent. Then we ate leftover pizza and he said it was delicious. Then he helped me put treats in plastic eggs for our Sunday Easter egg hunt. Saturday night we went to a 2-yr-old's birthday party. Ben fell off a tricycle onto the pavement and had his first big bloody nose, which made Tim and me feel horrible. He was fine after crying for a little while and had a blast. It was cute to see other kids with dyed hands.
On Sunday, we had 2 other 2-yr-olds, a 10-month old, and a 7-week-old, with their families, up to our house for brunch and an Easter egg hunt. I feel badly asking people to drive so far, but I love having people over. It was cold and lightly snowing, and we couldn't get the kids to really concentrate on finding eggs, but it was a really nice morning anyway. The 7-week-old is really sweet, smiley, pleasant, and easy-going, and fits just right on the shelf of my belly. I hope Ben's brother is like that!! One of the few times the baby cried, Ben said "Baby shush" with his finger sideways across his lips.
All three days of the weekend, we took a nice, long nap, which I am enjoying thoroughly since there probably won't be any more of those for me after the new baby.

Last week two of my coworkers, Reese and Paula, babysat Ben while Tim and I went to our hospital class. Reese has 10-month-old Samantha and Ben was looking forward to seeing "baby." They had lots of fun. They said that at dinner, Ben said "baby water!" and ran downstairs to get Samantha's sippy cup he had seen earlier and brought it up to her. How thoughtful and sweet! When I came to pick him up, they had been reading for a long time and Paula said Ben really enjoyed every book. When I put him in the car, I asked him if he had fun with Reese and Paula and he said "Reenie and Pia-Paolo good," which I took to mean he had a good time with them.

Ben has been asking to read in the morning while we eat breakfast instead of watching movies. I'm so proud of him!

More later!

No comments: