Grammy Pat came to visit and brought a window shade that actually stays on the window. Every day this week, Ben has said "Winnow, yun, berder!" meaning "The window shade Grammy brought makes the sun from the window much better. Thank you!"
Ben finally started calling Grammy Pat a name, but we couldn't really tell what it was. It sounded like "Nana" sometimes and maybe "Gammy" sometimes.
I decided maybe singing might help make diaper changes more pleasant for Ben, but instead of "No Mama No Mama No Mama!" my singing garnered just a shrieked "No! No! No!"
Ben said "cue me" (excuse me) to a lady when he almost ran into her. And Ben said "tank you" a lot to Grammy.
Grammy brought Ben a little watermelon and he devoured it. After one bowl, he would say "More melon?" and eat usually 4 bowls each morning while it lasted. When he was eating his very last bowl, we were running late, so we planned to take the bowl to go in the car. The bowl spilled when Tim was putting him in the car and he just melted down, totally heartbroken. Tim tried to console him by telling him there was just one more bite and a little juice in the bowl, but Ben tried to tell us the juice was his favorite part. Cry, "melon," cry, "juice," cry, "Daddy," cry, "melon." It was just so sad. Fortunately he didn't cry that long, but he kept talking about it on the way to daycare. The way he talked, I thought he meant "Daddy didn't mean to spill my watermelon. It was an accident and it's ok."
A telescoping magnetic thingie (a metal stick that gets longer, with a magnet on the end, I guess to reach metal things in hard to reach places) was Ben's favorite toy for several days. Tim taught him how to see if it would stick to different things, and Ben went around the house saying "Nope" when he touched it to something nonmetal. He still says "Nope" when we are looking for something and don't find it.
He suddenly likes the outdoors again, thank goodness, and seems impervious to the cold. He'll refuse to put on a coat and hat (and then later refuse to take them off) and play outside until his hands are frozen. He still loves going up and down hills ("heels") and loves it when we do it with him.
An elderly neighbor has visited several times and Ben just loves her. He says "'mon" and asks her to sit down and color with him, or play ball with him.
We were pulling out of a parking spot they other day and Ben calmly said "money." I thought maybe he wanted a toy bunny from the car floor or some of his bunny crackers, but I looked where he was pointing and there indeed was a live rabbit.
I can't remember what else I was going to say, so I'll have to post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment