Saturday, December 13, 2008

So much fun!

Last Wednesday night Ben was sooooo much fun! Tim came down to pick him up from daycare because I was at a meeting. I met them in the library parking lot and from 30 feet away he yelled "Mommy!!" and ran to me with his arms outstretched. Then he gave me the best hug. Diane came out of the library and Ben told her something really exciting about the snow. Then he led us into the library and played screaming peekaboo with Mary and Daddy. Then he went running and screaming out of the staff room into the library and told Reese something really exciting about the stuffed dog in the Children's room. Then we went out to eat and he was pretty well-behaved though loud. He said "Yummy!" and gobbled his macaroni and cheese. it was our usual salad/buffet restaurant and every time Tim and I went to get something else, he greeted us so sweetly when we came back to the table. "Mommy!!" "Dad-dee!!" He babbled all the way home and had a blast at home running the halls with Daddy, laughing hysterically when he ran his pushtoy into Daddy's heels.
I really love how outgoing he is and how brave. I know I was a child who hid behind my mother's knees. I think Ben is probably having a lot more fun interacting with people than I did when I was young because I was afraid of people. I love how he looks someone in the eye and tells them something, and they way he charges ahead without checking with us. I know we need to teach him about "stranger danger" and we have to watch him carefully in public places. He can be gone in a second!

He will now basically repeat almost anything you ask him to say, so his language is building daily. I've probably said already that one of the cutest things he does is walk away from you and say "mon!" (Come on!) and make a "come here" motion with his hand. We got some healthy cookies and shared some with him and he unfortunately wants them with every meal now. He says "cook - ee" and kind of jumps off the k if you know what I mean. At least he still wants a "hopple" (apple) every day too.

Christmas shopping hasn't been quite as easy this year as it was last year. Last year he was "contained" in the shopping carts and this year he wants to get down and run around or push the carts or play in the toy aisle forever. "Down!" "Down!" But he has been a real trooper again.

We have tons of fun new videos we need to get on the blog, but we might need to wait until we get better internet access in a couple of weeks.

We can't wait to see everyone soon!
If you haven't seen Tim's blog, here are some photos of the house we're hoping to buy next week (closing on Dec 19)
http://listings.listhub.net/pages/IRESCO/576071/?channel=cyberhomes

No comments: