One of Ben's favorite words seems to be Amy. I don't think he knows anyone named Amy and I don't think he really intends to say Amy, but it seems to be his distress call. When he is a little upset, he says "Aymay, aymay, aymay!" over and over.
Here is the transcript of a typical conversation between Ben and me each day:
Ben: Mom?
Jo: Yes, Dear?
Ben: Mom?
Jo: Yes?
Ben: Mom?
Jo: Ben?
Ben: Mom?
Jo: Yes?
Ben: Mama?
Jo: Benny?
Ben: Mama?
Jo: Hmmm?
Ben: MAMAAA!
Jo: Ben, Dear, I'm right here. What do you need?
I guess you can't really call it a conversation. It's more that he just likes repeating the word that he knows gets my attention. It's funny, though. And he likes calling Tim "Mom" too, though we know he knows he is Daddy.
He still isn't quite running, but he really enjoys his fast walking. Last night he "ran" up and down the hall at least 20 times, each time looking very proud of himself.
It's very odd that he suddenly loves blankets. After living his whole life hating to be covered up in bed, he suddenly demands to be covered up. Well, he doesn't really care if his legs are covered, but he likes the blanket to be near his face, I guess so he feels tucked in. We can lie down in his reading nest and read a book until he is properly covered by a blanket. Also, he often carries a blanket through the house with him, like Linus(?).
Sweet, sweet Benny!
1 comment:
maybe he's saying "Mayday! Mayday!" That's so sweet that he loves his blankets---Tim had his "blank" when he was little
Post a Comment