Friday, September 19, 2008

This week's updates

I apologize if I repeat myself!

Did I already say that Ben learned to plug his ears with his fingers to make noises sound different?

This morning he also learned to stick his finger in his nostril. Lovely. His mother is extra proud of this accomplishment.

He has learned more animal sounds. In addition to monkey and cow, he also says "on on" for pig, "roar" for tigers and lions (and almost anything else). I think he knows another one, but I can't remember.

He learned to "break dance" - basically roll around on the floor a little.

He still LOVES taking walks and he likes to walk really fast. He is almost running but not quite. His left arm pumps along with him while his right arm stays pretty still.

Tim said he could pick out the letter A from the fridge magnets, and twice when I was playing with him with a certain toy that had numbers on it, he pointed to the 8 and said "B!"

We've finally incorporated reading into his bedtime routine and I'm so happy about that. He often points to his reading nest during the day and asks to be read to. I hope we teach him to be a reader.

Last night he was lounging on the couch with me and he asked to nurse (by pulling at my shirt). I explained to him that we could only nurse at bedtime and he would have to go get ready for bed before he could nurse. He got up off the couch, took my hand, led me into OUR bedroom, asked to get up on our bed, and "told" me to get up there too and then reached for my shirt again. He heard the word "bed" and went to the bed! His crib isn't called a bed, and I guess we say "go to sleep" more than "go to bed" usually.

Sweet, sweet smart Benny!

No comments: