Saturday, June 14, 2008

More camping!

One of my old moms groups had a camping trip planned forever and I had been looking forward to it. I was disappointed when we were all sick the week before the trip. Tim thinks he got salmonella from the tainted tomatoes and was really sick for a week and decided not to go. Ben and I just had colds and were getting over them, so we headed out on our own to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. There were three other babies there: a girl 3 months younger than Ben, a girl one month older, and a boy 3 days older than Ben. They are all walking, of course, and talking some. It was so neat to watch all these little people. The weekend was very nice. Ben seemed supremely happy and nobody could believe that he whines so much at home. He did great on the drive and we had a fun time together.

I like walking holding his hand. Like moving from breast milk to baby food and then being so excited that Ben can eat whatever we eat for dinner, it seems like such a big step for Ben to hold my hand and walk places instead being carried (and there is a big difference between holding both of his hands like we've done for months, and walking alongside him holding only one hand.)

More later!

No comments: