This weekend, Tim took Ben on a boys' camping trip to Fruita with Robbie Johnson and his fiance. They left on Friday morning and came back Sunday afternoon. My first 2 full nights' of sleep since he was born! I was off Friday and had to work Saturday and Sunday, so except for Friday afternoon and Saturday evening, life wasn't that different. I really felt like I was forgetting something and I missed them both, but it was a nice break and I got so much done! I cleaned the storage closet (5 years overdue), I re-caulked the bathtub, I cleaned the freezer, I weeded my closet, I made granola, I brushed the cats and petted them a little, I played a computer game for 1/2 hour, read for 1 1/2 hours, and took a bike ride without the trailer on it!
Tim said Ben slept ok the first night in the tent (his first two nights without nursing!) until 3:00 (the usual time he wakes to nurse) and was fussy and restless until 6:00 and then slept until 9:00. The second night, Ben woke up at 3:00, and then went back to sleep easily and slept until 6:00, woke for another minute and went back to sleep again. And he was fine in the car too - I was worried that Ben would be bored to death for the 4.5-hour drive, and I was worried that the nights would be horrible. All was well!
And Mommy got a little break and saw that life was really lonely with Benny and Tim!
No comments:
Post a Comment