Tim was gone for a week and every day I asked Benny if he remembered Daddy and if he missed him. He didn't seem to react at all. When Tim came in the door, Ben was so cute. He put his hands in the air and smiled the biggest smile. He gave Tim a hug and acted shy, and then sat in a chair and stared at Tim for a long time.
I was a single mom last week and BOY was it hard! It also happened to be one of the most stressful weeks at work I've had for a long time too. Tim had a great time in California at a triathlon camp, but I'm sure his heart hurt a ton to be away from Benny. Ben got to have fun with Irene and Paula, two wonderful babysitters who helped out immensely this week.
Other fun new stuff:
- Ben learned to hug teddy bears and it's so sweet!! He also hugs the cats a lot too, but instead of picking them up, he just puts his head down on them.
- He learned to share in the last couple of months too, and when he is eating something, he usually offers every few bites to me or Tim.
- He still isn't walking, and I will start worrying in a few weeks. He will stand by himself for longer and longer (up to 20 seconds).
- I got a Costco (bulk warehouse) card this year, thinking we'd get our money's worth from it, but every time I go in there I get disgusted. I am the first to admit that I shop a lot, and shopping ends up being my leisure activity of choice many days, but Costco is just too much for me. I've been in three different stores here in Colorado, and every one is packed to the gills with people, and the carts are extra, extra large, and it's like a consumer ant farm. Let's go around buying as much stuff as we can buy! Anyway, Ben must sense my anxiety, because he had two of the biggest meltdowns (toddler tantrum meltdowns) two days in a row at Costco. The first day, I left my cart and we went home for a nap. The second day, he was happy as can be for 15-20 minutes and then spent the next 20 minutes screaming and causing everyone to stare at us. Odd that he hasn't really done that in other stores, and we've shopped for a longer period of time many times.
I love my sweet baby boy Benny!
1 comment:
An email response from Oma Donna:
From: achieves7487@charter.net
To: "joanna luchinske"
Subject: Costco
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008
Dear Ben,
I don't like Costco either. My eyes can't focus (is it something about the lighting?) and the Costco here in Alabama isn't a comfortable temperature. It's kind of like being in outer space. I can imagine a small person getting a headache in there.
Love,
Oma
Post a Comment