Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ben's first crush?

Earlier this summer I took the boys to the Wednesday night Farmer's Market in Boulder (a huge social occasion).  My friend brought a friend of hers (Jen, my age) and Ben started acting strangely immediately.  I went to check on him around a corner where he was hiding and asked him what was wrong.  He said, "I'm shy of her," and pointed to Jen.  He continued to act strangely all night and kept telling me to ask her to come play with him.  He seemed to kind of flirt with her, or at least show off the way a 4-yr-old boy will show off.  The next day I asked him about the "girl in the green shirt" (that's what he called her), and he seemed to blush and try not to smile.  Over the next few weeks, he acted the same when I mentioned her, and he often asked me to stop mentioning her.  Finally we saw her again, and when Ben first saw her he tried not to smile.  He asked her to play with him a lot that night (still calling her Girl in the Green Shirt), but the magic seemed to wear off a little.  Cute!

No comments: