Enough with injured cats and difficult phases! I'm home sick with strep (how did I get it? how long until the boys get it?), so I'm taking advantage of the free time to catch up!
Some cute things Oliver is saying these days:
fower you = I picked a flower for you!
ah pack = ice pack (which miraculously heals all wounds in mere seconds)
santa kawz = santa claus, which he just yells randomly and often
I know his cute "yeah" would be impolite in the south and there it should be "yes, ma'am" but we sure think it is cute.
nanasaw = somersault
mopopus = Optimus, octopus, AND hippopotamus
mellowslow or maslaslo = marshmallow
canpope = cantaloupe
michael queen = Lightning McQueen
make-a-call = motorcycle
ehment = elephant
hehcotter = helicopter
cotter = squirter
He was flying his helicopter and kept saying, "Flyed!" I said, "Your helicopter flew!" and he corrected me several times, "No! Flyed!" Finally he said, "Hehcotter fwew."
Cute things Ben has said and done lately:
"Daddy, you won the race 'cuz I gave my power to you!"
"Liv, why don't you take a chance and put the pennies in my piggy bank?"
He continues to use "afterday" and now it also means "from now on."
He uses "for" in an odd way. He'll say, "I put this toy over here for it doesn't get wet," or "I will leave my toy in the car for it stays safe."
Ben also uses the prefix "ca" as a substitute for more difficult ones. So disappear is "cappear" and expensive is "capensive." He used it one more time, but I can't remember right now.
Ben's hair was getting long and I asked him many times if he would let me cut it, hoping he would be in the mood one of the times I asked. One day I came home from work and his hair was buzzed again. He proudly told me he had cut it himself (and then Tim had to use the clippers to make it look presentable.) Difficult to scold him for doing something with good intentions, but self-hair-cutting will be against the rules in the future.
Ben asked me one day if rocks grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment