Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter weekend

My latest work schedule has me working every other weekend, so we end up packing tons of activities into my weekends off.  I had Easter weekend off and we had no less than three Easter egg hunts, a potluck, an Easter dinner, a lunch/playdate, a bathroom to finish remodeling, and Tim was doing a race.  The only thing we didn't do is go watch Tim race, which I still feel bad about.  I worry about planning so much and wearing the boys out, but they did fine until Monday, when their fatigue became quite apparent.  We went shopping for groceries and I wanted Ben to pick out a birthday present for Oliver.  That didn't go so well and in the future I should not take both boys to buy one birthday present.  I finished shopping with two screaming boys and everyone looking at me with pity.  I really tried to tell myself it was because they were exhausted, not because they were truly selfish and greedy over presents.  Oh well.
I forgot the camera for every single Easter egg hunt, which is just horrible.  They were so cute, and Ben gave away almost every other egg he found.  "Look, Zoe!  I found an egg!  You can have it."

No comments: