Friday, April 8, 2011

Heart-warming

I thought Ben would have trouble adjusting to eating at the table twice a week, but it's Oliver who hasn't done well.  Twice he has cried and screamed the whole time about something, making it a very unpleasant dinner time.
Last night, when I told Oliver it was time for dinner at the table, he started a tantrum, so I put his dinner in the living room, giving up.  :-)  I brought Ben his dinner in the living room and he looked at me questioningly.  I went back in the kitchen for my dinner, and turned around:  Ben had brought his dinner from the living room and sat down at the kitchen table!  Then Tim joined us, and then Oliver brought his dinner from the living room.  Sometimes Ben amazes me with his generosity and understanding.

Oliver is almost two and acting it.  He's so sweet most of the time, but he has started some epic tantrums.  Two or more tantrums recently have been over what he wants to drink:
"I want juice."
"Here's juice."
"No, I want milk!" Shriek!!!!!!!!!
"OK. Here's milk."
"No, I want JUIIIIIIIIICE!"  SHRIEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Here is your juice."
"NO, JUICE IN ANOTHER CUP!!!!" SHRIEKKKKKKKK!  (I don't really understand him saying that, it's just what I assume he is saying.)
"I will not put your juice in another cup.  You have a choice of juice or milk in these cups.  Which do you want?"
"NOOOO MOMMY!"  SHRIEK!  [Falls to the floor dramatically, head in his hands, screaming, screaming, screaming.  Continues screaming for a good 15 minutes.]
Ben, Tim, and I just look at each other and shake our heads.
:-)

No comments: