It's the best of times ...
- when Ben is rested, fed, in a great mood, and wants to help with Oliver.
- when the boys are making each other laugh.
- when they are playing together without fighting.
- when they are playing separately but both content.
And I say, "What fun these boys are!"
It's the worst of times...
- when Ben is tired and whiny and takes his frustration out on Oliver. Then Oliver starts crying. Then we put Ben in time out for hurting Oliver and he gets furious and really starts crying. (I told Ben he could not have juice last week and he turned and started choking Oliver with two hands around his neck.)
- when they both fall asleep at nap time in the car (or jogger) on the way home, but don't sleep long enough, and they both wake up crying and crying and crying.
- when they are both feeling needy and neglected by mommy but mommy doesn't have enough arms or lap space for both of them and they fight over me.
And I say, "Calgon, take me away!"
No comments:
Post a Comment