Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ben's new class, sibling rivalry, and Benglish

At Wee Creekers, they split the preschool class into two new classes because they were overflowing. I know they put some thought into which kids went into which new class, but I felt irrationally depressed when I saw who was in Ben's new class. I know it isn't true, but it seems like all the "popular" kids are in the other class (Zachary, Maya, Gavin, Clarkson, Teagan, Melissa, etc) and I hope Ben doesn't feel left out. He seemed fine after school and excitedly told me he had a new cubby and that "all his friends" are in his class. I don't need to project my own social insecurities on him already. He's fine and adaptable!

Several times lately when Ben is frustrated at Oliver (and when he is frustrated in general), he vehemently screams "I not like him!" I hate to see that kind of sibling sentiments already. I don't know how to handle that. I remember irrationally not liking Tessa, but it seems she was just a convenient target for my wrath, not really a true target of dislike. Hopefully that is what it is for Ben, too, and we'll have to work on ways to handle frustration.

And some more words Ben still mispronounces cutely:

rubberband = bubberrand
yogurt = yogret
cereal = siri

No comments: