
It's so cute when Ben puts down whatever is in his hands to do his "more" sign. Tim also started doing an "I love you" sign (see picture), and Ben would put his hand up like he was saying "stop" but I guess he doesn't have the coordination to get his middle two fingers to bend down. A few times later, he seemed to make up his own sign in reply to Tim's sign. One time he crossed his index and middle finger and the next time he crossed his pinky and ring finger! That seems pretty coordinated. He seems so pleased with himself when he does them. He knows the sign for "milk" and "all done" now.
He skinned his knee again and this time he got a bandaid. His first bandaid!
Last week he threw something really hard and hit me on the forehead. It really hurt and we've been trying to figure out how to explain the difference between throwing balls and throwing other things, as well as throwing things at people. So I made a sad face and tried to explain that he gave me a boo-boo. He was smiling and laughing at first, but then seemed to get that he hurt me and stood up to come hug me. I thought I read that toddlers cannot feel empathy yet, but is sure seemed like he understood that he hurt me and he was sorry.
He babbles nonstop and of course some things will come out sounding like words. Tim said he said "I eat cats" this week. Ha!
He's been so happy and so easy-going, so a tantrum seems strange these days. When we got home yesterday, I guess I inadvertently teased him about going to the playground and he melted down. He pointed to the stroller so I put him in it and strolled up and down the sidewalks, but I didn't realize that being in the stroller meant going to the playground because that's what he and Tim did the day before. He cried woefully for a good 20 minutes, but since I didn't realize what he wanted until he'd been crying for a while, I didn't want to reward the crying by going to the playground at that point (plus it was dinnertime). Poor thing. :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment