I need to figure out how to blog more often! I'm aiming to blog three times a week and upload photos once a week. We'll see how that goes!
I'm so proud of my good eater, Benny! If you put broccoli and other stuff on his plate, he eats the broccoli first, and he always chews with his mouth closed, even if he takes a huge bite. Lately he has eaten quesadillas, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, tater tots, chicken strips, Chinese food, burritos, and other regular toddler stuff. If we get burritos from Chipotle, which some people complain are too big, Ben eats almost half of mine.
Just in the last couple of weeks he has insisted on feeding himself, though he would do it before if we asked him to. I've been delaying it because it is so messy and we don't have a dog to clean the floor. But now he takes the fork or spoon away from us and does it himself. It's so fun to watch how earnest and serious he is about it. I used to love it when I was babysitting and a toddler would pick up a piece of food, place it on the fork or spoon and then put the utensil in his/her mouth. Ben hasn't exactly done that yet - his aim and skill are pretty good.
Have I said before how sensitive he is? I don't know if all babies are like this at some point and then grow out of it, but if Tim or I say "No!" harshly to him, he looks shocked for a second and then wails like he is hurt. It's so heartbreaking!
We went swimming last week after a long time and he had a blast! He smiled the whole time, kicked and moved his arms, jumped (walked) off the side of the pool.
He's so sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment