I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. We had a really nice Thanksgiving at Grammy Pat's. Ben ate mashed potatoes and a little turkey and really started talking a lot. Such sweet sounds! He's been saying "ba ba" for a while, but now he seems to understand that it means "ball." Tim says he's heard other words, but I haven't really. He understands some of our words, definitely.
Unfortunately, we really backslid with his sleeping there because we didn't have a crib. "Re-training" was a lot harder than training two weeks ago - a lot more crying. But Sunday night (7 nights after starting re-training) he slept from 8:00 pm - 5:00 am!
Balls are his favorite toys, and the best place to play with balls is the dry bathtub, since they can't get away, and they make a lot of noise when they bounce.
Last Friday when I got home from work, Ben was sitting on the floor with Tim and when he saw me he kinda screamed and went crawling as fast as he could around Tim to get to me at the door. How awesome to see your baby recognize you and be so excited to see you!!
Luckily Ben enjoys shopping - how would we do Christmas shopping with a grumpy child? We had a long shopping day Sunday and he has fun. He likes to stand in the cart and do a head-banger dance, and playing peekabo around aisles and merchandise is lots of fun. Believe it or not, he even took a nap in a shopping cart on Sunday.
I never knew a baby could be so sweet! I love him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment